Just in ‘quesadilla’ you need a quick and simple idea for dinner, we came up with this super healthy, super yummy Mexican favourite that is low carb and high in protein!
Perfect for using up those leftovers in the fridge – and sure to delight everyone from mom and dad to the kids – these low-carb, high-protein quesadillas are cheesy, easy, please-y goodness!
Ideal for lunch or dinner, quesadillas can be divided up, refrigerated and saved for later. They’re even delicious served cold! Dip in salsa and your tastebuds will be dancing!
Every Protein Treats recipe uses Nutracelle’s Nutralean protein powder with prebiotic fiber. It’s perfect for baking and ideal for adding to all your favourite recipes….AND it’s delicious! Visit https://nutracelle.com to learn more!
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 4 Mama Lupe low-carb tortillas
– 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and diced
– 1/2 cup sweet peppers (red, yellow, etc.), diced
– 1/4 cup red onion, diced
– 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded/grated (in a large bowl)
– 1 tbsp. avocado oil
– 1 1/3 scoops Natural Nutralean
Frying pan method:
1. In a cast iron skillet, heat avocado oil over medium heat
2. Add chicken and veggies to heated oil/pan and fry until lightly browned
3. Sprinkle 1/3 scoop of Natural Nutralean over ingredients in pan and mix until evenly coated
4. Transfer cooked ingredients from pan to large bowl
5. Add 1 scoop of Natural Nutralean to shredded cheese and mix together until cheese is evenly coated
6. Spray non-stick pan with olive oil cooking spray and add one tortilla to pan
7. Spread cheese evenly across one side of tortilla, then chicken & veggie mixture, then add more cheese over veggies
8. Fold empty side of tortilla in half, over ingredients and pat with spatula, cook until golden brown
9. Flip folded tortilla to other side and continue cooking until golden brown
– OR –
1. Place stuffed, folded tortillas on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
2. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping at midway point, until browned on both sides
Cut cooked quesadillas in half. Serve with Greek yogurt and/or salsa, if desired.
Makes 4 servings
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING:
Calories = 299
Fat (g) = 17
Carbohydrate (g) = 7
Fiber (g) = 3
Sugars (g) = 1
Protein (g) = 32
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to Protein Treats’ channel to get more yummy, protein-rich recipes every week!
About Melanie Wildman:
Melanie Wildman’s mission is helping people live healthier and more successful lives. As a mother of three and Founder of Nutracelle, she often says, “Success, at its core, is what you inspire others to achieve.” This passion for leadership is the reason she has won five International Business Awards, including Best NewProduct, Startup of the Year and Woman of the Year. Wildman, a former Mrs. Canada, lost over 100 pounds after having bariatric surgery. Visit http://melaniewildman.com
Proudly made right here in Prince Edward Island, Canada, Nutracelle has taken North America by storm with our scientifically proven products made just for you. Free of added sugars, unhealthy chemical additives, Nutracelle is healthy and incredibly delicious. We use only the highest quality whey protein, prebiotic fiber from the chicory root, and healthy fats from flax seed, plus Nutracelle is even 100% nut-free and gluten-free! You won’t feel deprived when you cheat with a protein treat, because every delicious shake tastes like a sinful treat. The proteins, fiber, and healthy fats will help you feel fuller up to 4x longer, so you snack 60% less. Your body feels nourished to help reduce cravings for junk food. You can bake with Nutracelle, enjoy a protein coffee in the morning and feel like you are cheating while you reduce hunger naturally. Earn up to $250 worth of FREE product just by referring 3 friends. Learn more about this amazing deal by visiting http://nutracelle.com.