The best way to approach weight loss is by accepting that it may be a long process that requires commitment, determination and patience. Also, since there is no “one-size-fits-all” diet plan, choosing the right diet for you as well as adopting a new lifestyle are both extremely important elements to succeed at permanent weight loss.
Many people lose weight with Low Carb diets. However, some do not achieve their desired goal because they forgot an essential fact: “Not all Low Carb diets were created equal.” Therefore, once you’ve decided to lose those extra pounds with a Low Carb diet plan, your very next step should be to learn about the different options available so you can choose the right Low Carb diet for you, according to your health, weight goal, lifestyle, and even according to your budget.
To lose weight with Low Carb diets it’s important to choose one that matches your particular situation. Then, it’ll be essential to adopt the suggested lifestyle changes of your chosen diet so you can lose the desired amount of pounds and increase your chances to keep the weight loss permanently.
There is an abundance of products and magic pills that promise quick and easy results, but most of them are not effective to lose weight safely and/or permanently. It is best to stick to one diet that has proven to be helpful to many, and Low Carb diets meet that criterion.
The following measures are some of the lifestyle changes that will definitely help you to lose weight with Low Carb diets and help you keep your ideal weight indefinitely.
1. Commitment – It is very important to be motivated to lose weight for the right reasons, not just for a certain event, beach vacation, or wedding party. Until you reach the point of true desire to get rid of those extra pounds for good, you won’t get the necessary commitment to follow through with your diet plan, no matter how much you’ve been told you need to lose weight by your doctor, your significant other or your close friend.
2. Get help – Once you’ve made a decision to commit yourself to lose weight, you should seek the help of a health professional, nutritionist or health practitioner for guidance and support. Also, it’s recommended to get a buddy to lose weight with, as you can help and motivate each other when either of you might feel discouraged.
3. Think positive – Do not constantly think about all those pounds you need to lose. It may become overwhelming, especially if you need to lose a large amount of pounds. Think instead of the benefits you’ll gain. Start each day visualizing the “new you”. Praise yourself and recognize your efforts even when your weight loss is going slower than anticipated. Instead of longing for a doughnut, learn to enjoy a bagel!
4. Learn to prioritize – Once you’ve made the decision to lose weight, it should become one of your main daily priorities. If you’re going through a difficult situation in your life, have a stressful deadline at work or have other worries in your mind at this time, you may want to postpone your weight loss plan until you can fully commit to it.
5. Set realistic goals – Do not set your mind to lose a certain amount of pounds per week/month. That is not only unrealistic but unhealthy. Be conscious of the fact that it may take you several months or even over a year to reach your ideal weight depending on the amount of pounds you need to lose. Healthy weight loss should be slow and constant.
6. Define the habits you want to change – If you tend to overeat when you are stressed, upset, anxious, sad, tired, pressed or depressed; the first step is to become aware of your routines so you can learn to modify them. Before eating something, ask yourself if you’re really hungry. If you are not, make an effort to notice what’s making you eat. Come up with something to distract yourself. This may take some practice but in a few weeks you’d have modified a behavior which benefits will last a lifetime.
7. Do not stay hungry – Most people need between 1200 and 1500 calories per day, according to age, gender, height, bone mass and physical activity. If you drastically reduce the calories you ingest, your body will go into starvation mode. This will favor the loss of liquids and muscle over permanent fat loss.
8. Do engage in physical activity – A well chosen Low Carb diet will definitely help you lose weight, but if you add a 30 minute workout three to four times per week, you’ll double the speed at which you’ll lose weight. Physical activity and especially aerobic exercise will speed the fat loss and enhance muscle development. These changes will increase your metabolism, which in turn will help you burn calories faster. A nice and helpful cycle to create!
It is not enough to want to lose weight with a Low Carb Diet. Remember that choosing the right Low Carb diet for you will increase your chances at successful weight loss as well as keeping those pounds off permanently. Also, the above mentioned lifestyle changes should help you live a healthier life. Remember to be kind to yourself. Be constant and patient. You are enduring a difficult task, and you deserve recognition and praise.