The Paleo Diet, also called the paleolithic or caveman diet, consists of recipes that are natural such as meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, and nuts. These were the foods that sustained people for years and kept us healthy, physically fit and full of energy; people were strong and thriving. But, something happened that caused our eating habits to change.
Agriculture was introduced to your lifestyle. With the introduction of agriculture, came the introduction of sugar laden, highly processed foods such as wheat flour and high fructose corn syrup. The fast, convenient foods that we are so used to eating, are toxic for our bodies and cause many diseases such as cancer, diabetes, auto immune diseases and more.
Paleo Diet recipes only include food combinations that are natural, tasty and without toxins including the following:
Egg Drop Soup – Simple yet nutritious Asian inspired soup.
-1 egg yolk
-1/4 tsp of salt
-2 tbsp fresh chopped chives
-1/8 tsp of ground ginger
-3 cups of chicken broth
1. Pour chicken broth into a pot. Medium temp.
2. Add chives, ginger and salt into the pot
3. Mix the eggs
4. Once broth and spices are boiling, slowly pour the eggs into the pot
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin – Scrumptious piece of pork stuffed with artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes.
-1 2lb pork tenderloin
-1/2 medium onion, diced
-1/8 fresh thyme, finely chopped
-1/2 fresh sage, finely chopped
-2 large artichoke hearts, diced
-6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
-2 cloves garlic, finely diced
-A couple tsp of butter or coconut oil
-1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Put all the stuffing ingredients into a pan with medium heat. Saute for about 4 minutes or until the onions are a little golden. Remove it from heat and let it cool down completely.
2. Cut a seam through the center of each piece for the stuffing. Spread butter and salt over it. Place meat in a baking pan.
3. Pre-heat your oven at about 450F.
4. Once the stuffing has cooled down completely, mix in an egg and whisk away.
5. Stuff the meat with your stuffing.
6. Put the stuffed pork into the oven and it will be ready in about 30 minutes.
Chocolate Cranberry Pie – A Paleo berry-licious treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about.
-2 cups of almond flour
-2 tbsp of coconut oil
-1/2 tsp salt
Filling & Topping Ingredients:
-18 oz of frozen cranberries
-1/2 cup of coconut milk
-8 oz of 70% cocoa
1. Preheat your oven at 375F.
2. Put your crust ingredients in a blender. Blend it until you get a crumbly dough texture
3. Lightly grease a pie baking dish and put the dough in it. Firmly press the dough to completely and evenly cover the surface of the entire pan.
4. Put the crust in the oven for about 15 minutes. Let it began to turn golden brown.
5. While the crust is cooking, put the milk in a small pot and bring it to a simmer.
6. Once the it starts to simmer take if off the heat right away and pour the chocolate into the pot. Mix it until completely melted. This is your filling.
7. Once the crust is ready take it out of the oven, pour your filling into the crust.
8. Put the pie in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
9. Put frozen cranberries in the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes. Once the berries have started to soften take them out the oven and put them in the fridge as well for about 1 hour.
10. Once the crust and filling is nice and solid and the berries are nice and cool, pour them on top of your chocolate filling.
With mouth-watering recipes like this, no one would ever feel like they were missing out. Paleo Diet recipes make it easy for you to incorporate a healthy diet into your life without ever feeling deprived or bored.
Since we have to eat right to take care of our bodies, we may as well enjoy doing it….right