The modern Paleo diet has changed many people's lives especially those that suffer from Wheat and Gluten intolerances. Gluten can affect your small intestine and cause severe discomfort which causes stomach upsets and cramps. Gluten actually cases the intestine to become inflamed and irritated. Due to this diet eliminating ingredients such as salt and many other items many people automatically assume the food is tasteless. After you have tried these recipes you will change your mind.
Citrus Sole Packets
12 baby soles
1 cup of diced baby carrots
2 cups of Swiss chard chopped
1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
1 celery stick thinly diced
2 finely chopped onions
Juice of one orange
Salt and ground black pepper
12 slices of lemon
1. Preheat you over to 450 degrees F
2. Use a large frying pan and brown the onions, carrots, celery and chard till soft and allow to cool and add the fresh orange juice season and set aside
3. Place foil on a baking tray and brush with olive oil then lay the soles onto the baking tray and spoon about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mix over the soles
4. Then roll each sole fillet and secure with a small skewer
5. Sprinkle with pepper and top with a slice of lemon as well as any remaining sauce
6. Wrap the fillets in foil and seal the edges
7. Bake for around 20 minutes
8. Sprinkle some lemon juice on the fillets and serve with a green salad
For those that love chicken here is a really tasty recipe:
Baked Chicken with Pomegranate Glazing
1 whole chicken or 8 skinned chicken breasts
1 large lemon
2 cups of unsweetened or fresh pomegranate juice
Seeds from 2 pomegranates
1 teaspoon of Dijon or French mustard
4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoons of arrowroot
1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Piece the lemon and add whole as well as the rosemary to the inside of the chicken.
3. If your using chicken breasts cut into the breasts and stuff with lemon slices and rosemary
4. If a whole chicken tie the legs together and place in your roasting pan. If your using breasts tie the breast together with toothpicks and place in the roasting pan
5. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes and keep basting.
6. Add the pomegranate seeds and reduce the heat to 325 degrees F and bake for 1 hour
7. Pour the liquid off once the chicken is cooked and skim the fat off and add the pomegranate juice
8. Cook slowly over a low heat and then serve with the chicken
You can have fresh vegetables of your choice as well as a serving of rice with your chicken as well as a green salad.