Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: Our physiology evolved for millions of years eating a plant-based diet. What would happen if researchers tried to recreate our ancestral diet in the lab?
How do we know our ancient ancestors were eating greater than 100g of fiber a day? We can examine their fossilized fecal matter. See my video Paleopoo: What We Can Learn from Fossilized Feces (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/paleopoo-what-we-can-learn-from-fossilized-feces/).
My other popular paleo videos include:
• The Problem with the Paleo Diet Argument (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-problem-with-the-paleo-diet-argument)
• Paleo Diets may Negate Benefits of Exercise (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/paleo-diets-may-negate-benefits-of-exercise)
• Low Carb Diets and Coronary Blood Flow (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow)
• Paleolithic Lessons (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/paleolithic-lessons)
• Lead Contamination of Bone Broth (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-contamination-of-bone-broth)
This is one of my favorite videos to date. When I recorded it, I gave myself goosebumps when I got to the line “Maybe it’s normal to be free of heart disease….”
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lose-two-pounds-one-sitting-taking-mioscenic-route and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate